Engineering is the practical application of science for use of mankind while Technology is the name of continuous improvement over the existing state of Engineering.
Mahabir Polytechnic College has been at the forefront of innovation, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond.
The college’s faculty, students and alumni have established thousands of companies and laid the technological and business foundations.
Our mission is to seek solutions to important global problems and educate leaders who will make the world a better place by using the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems. We believe it is essential to educate engineers who possess not only deep technical excellence, but the creativity, cultural awareness and entrepreneurial skills that come from exposure to the liberal arts, business, medicine and other disciplines.
Our key goals are to:
- Conduct curiosity-driven and problem-driven research that generates new knowledge and produces discoveries that provide the foundations for future engineered systems
- Deliver world-class, research-based education to students and broad-based training to leaders in academia, industry and society
We brought together a wide range of stakeholders, including mid-career faculty, students and staff, to address two fundamental questions:
Program: – Diploma Engineering
Duration: – 3 Years
Passed 10th Std/ SSC Examination. Obtained at least 35% marks (33% in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes category or Kashmiri Migrants Category) at the qualifying examination. Compulsory pass in Maths and Science subjects in the qualifying examination.
Basis of Admissions Admission in Diploma Engg. Course shall be made on the basis of merit of Secondary School Examination (Matriculation) or equivalent qualifying examination.
Inter-se-Merit/ Rank of Qualifying Examination: Each eligible candidate who has submitted and got his/ her Online Application Form Verified & Confirmed by the selected Designated Center upto the last date of Verification & Confirmation of Online Application Form for admission to Diploma Engg. will be assigned Inter-se-Merit/ Rank based on the following criterion:
- Percentage of Aggregate Marks obtained at Secondary School Examination – SSC (Matriculation) or equivalent qualifying examination shall be the basis for the purpose of determining the Interse-Merit.
- Rounding off of the marks secured by the candidate will be done upto four decimal places in individual subject and grand total while converting marks of the individual subject out of 100 and calculating percentage of Aggregate Marks.
- For calculating the percentage of subject wise and Aggregate Marks, the marks of individual subject and Grand Total given by the respective School Board will be considered. In case, subject wise and Aggregate Marks are not mentioned by the concerned Board then GPA and CGPA awarded by the Board will be considered for calculating the percentage of subject wise and Aggregate Marks according to the Conversion Factor mentioned in Mark Sheet. If, the Conversion Factor is not mentioned in Mark Sheet, the candidate shall submit proof of subject wise and Aggregate Marks issued by the concerned Board upto the last date prescribed for the Verification/ Confirmation of Online Filled Application Form.
- In case, where the aggregate marks or the CGPA is not mentioned by the concerned Board in the DMC of Qualifying Examination (Matriculation), then total marks of all the subjects should be considered for calculating percentage of aggregate marks of Qualifying Examination.
- In case, Mark Sheet issued by any School Education Board is in a Language other than English and Hindi, candidate shall submit copy of transcript of Mark Sheet issued by the concerned Board in English or Hindi.
MGI offers Diploma in following streams :
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Science Engineering
• Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering