Courses @ MGI
POST BASIC B SC NURSING
To do what nobody else will do,a way that nobody else can do,in spite of all we go through is to be a nurse.
Nurses lead very demanding lives. Working with doctors, healing patients and educating the communities are just a few of the responsibilities nurses perform on a daily basis.
In fact you could say that nurses are the backbone of our healthcare care system, providing us with the attention and medical care that we need to live health long-lasting lives.
Sometimes being a nurse can be exhausting at times, but the knowledge and power to help heal others is what keeps them going in challenging times.
Program: – Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic B.Sc Nursing)
Duration: – 2 Years
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- Students shall be admitted once in a year.